Accedian Networks™ is the leading provider of High Performance Service Assurance™ solutions for Carrier Ethernet networks. Our family of wire-speed service demarcation and performance monitoring equipment consistently outperforms switches or routers. With a unique hardware-based FastPAAs™ processor at the core of every product, you get the lowest possible latency, most accurate and granular service performance monitoring and traffic conditioning currently available. Accedian Networks. We ARE performance!
Position Title: Java/J2EE Software Developer
- Contribute to the definition, development and validation of network management suite of applications.
- Analyzing requirements and providing functional descriptions and high-level system design of the proposed solution.
- Analyzing, designing, implementing and testing of new features in a J2EE environment.
- Work with the verification team member to involve them in understanding the proposed solution.
- Working on a combination of real equipment and simulators to validate solution to problems.
- Providing design, implementation and test estimates as input to project plans.
- Debugging, troubleshooting and resolving software issues.
- Part of a team following an Agile development process oriented toward test-driven development.
- 10+ years' software development experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Computer Science University degree or a related field of experience.
- Architecture and design specifications.
- Experience working within software organizations for small and medium-sized companies.
- Object-Oriented design and programming using design patterns (e.g. singleton, facade).
- Client-server and multi-threading programming as well.
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills in a multi-tiered environment/platform.
- Experience in building EMS/NMS applications for network elements.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Team work experience in order to support whole development cycle.
Specific and desired skills:
- Experience with Java, J2EE, JPA, EJB required.
- Experience with Spring, SSH, application servers (e.g. Glassfish) is desired.
- Experience with UI, Web interfaces, and similar technologies are a plus.
- Experience in developing multi-tier architecture and applications for EMS/NMS frameworks are desired.
- Experience with Linux/Solaris required.
- Must have experience in working with relational databases such as Oracle and MySQL desired.
- Experience in DB schema design and DB optimization is a plus.
- Skilled in network testing and troubleshooting, and experienced in application simulation tools is a plus.
- Experience with Junit and the like are highly desired.
- Experience with Maven and SVN is a plus.
Our employees enjoy excellent working conditions with a complete range of benefits.
If you wish to pursue new challenges and integrate a growing, exciting environment please attach your CV in word format or pdf